London City Airport – Customer Focussed Award

Commercial Officer London City Airport

London City Airport has won the ACI Europe under 5 million
passengers award for Best Airport. London City airport has
won this multiple times. The Chief Commercial Officer, Matthew
Hall explained the success.

The business model of the airport is centred on exemplary passenger experience and efficiency. The ACI Europe Best Airport
judges praised the London City Airport for it’s investments to reduce the time spent by passengers in the airport, long term
strategic relationships and continued awareness and environmental quality improvements.

Low Cost Car Hire at London City Airport

In August 2015, an announcement was made that London City
airport was up for sale. Global Infrastructure Partners own 75% of the airport at present and Highland Capital own the other 25%.

However, it is business as usual and investment in the airport
continues and they are intent on delivering the best possible
passenger experience.

The passenger numbers increased in 2014 by 8% to 3.65 million and they are expecting numbers to reach 4.1 million in 2015.

For more information go here.