Driving license Required For the UK?

Driver license application

Question: Driving License
Do I need an International License to rent a car in the UK?

If you are renting a car in the UK. Drivers will either need to hold a valid UK or an International License.

A UK driving license can either be in the old paper style or in the new style of photograph and paper.
Please note :
If you hold a new style type you will need to bring along both parts ie photo and paper part in order to rent a vehicle.

If you can not find your paper part to your driving license , don’t worry. The branches can call the DVLA for you when you arrive at the branch. There is a small charge for this service.

The DVLA are opened during UK office hours. If you are arriving at an airport outside normal office hours . You would be best to call the branch ahead of your arrival to arrange the DVLA check for your rental.
Otherwise you will need to wait until the DVLA open the following day.

If you are resident in the UK for more than 12 months you will need to change over to a UK license.

An International License is required when your current one is not written in Roman letters i.e English. Before travelling to the UK you will need to obtain an International License from your country .
This mostly applies to China, Russia etc.

Please note you will also require to bring along your current and the International License in order to rent a car in the UK.

See also Car Hire From Scotland With Bluewheels
Other useful pages:
Car Hire In London With Bluewheels
Car Hire Southampton Airport – Blue Wheels
Glasgow Airport Car Hire From Bluewheels